CHRISTOPHER E. WEILEMANNcweilemann@gmail.com
2536 Sun Valley Road
Lisle, IL 60532
To work in a team-oriented, virtual, agile organization, utilizing my extensive development and cloud computing experience as well as my passion for customer service and success to develop and improve software and cloud architectures.
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Minitest, RSpec, Shell, Python, Swift, Elixir, various other languages and frameworks.
- Amazon Web Services — (including, but not limited to) Compute, Databases, Storage, Security, Networking, Cost Management.
- Experience with iOS and Android development, Slack API development, open source web and mail servers.
January 2020 — present
- Ownership of technical engagements for public sector partners, including defining and refining implementation architectures for end customers, assisting with RFPs, and technical enablement through regular trainings, meetings, and webinars.
- Acted as the Amazon Web Services trusted advisor for public sector partners, creating internal requests for new services and new features for existing services, escalating priority support requests from partners for end customers, and engaging specialists to assist partners and customers with unique and complex requests.
Chief Technology Officer
Chicago, IL / Los Angeles, CA
May 2017 — January 2020
- Fully responsible for Development and Data Science consisting of more than 15 developers and data scientists.
- Head of development and maintenance for CloudSight's AWS environment and colocation hardware.
- Implemented configuration changes to CloudSight's AWS environment, resulting in additional reduction in usage as well as reducing AWS costs by more than 75%.
- Managed product development for CloudSight's mobile applications, CamFind and TapTapSee.
- Assisted in customer support and interaction on social media and mobile application platforms.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Chicago, IL / Los Angeles, CA
July 2016 — May 2017
- Lead Software Developer for internal and external applications.
- Led all maintenance of the CloudSight AWS environment and colocation hardware.
- Led development of new APIs and microservices, including documentation, automated test coverage, and customer training for usage.
- Implemented procedures and infrastructure changes, reducing AWS usage by more than 50% and emergency alarms by more than 95%.
HS2 Solutions, Inc.
September 2013 — July 2016
- Lead Ruby on Rails developer for various clients.
- Redesigned all customer communication notifications while working directly with multiple client representatives.
- Mentored a "client report manager turned developer" in Ruby on Rails, including best practices and coding styles.
- Assisted in implementing AWS configuration changes, reducing AWS costs by more than 30%.
Head of Product Development
Golden Reviews, LLC.
April 2013 — September 2013
- Ownership of development, infrastructure, and operations for goldenreviews.com.
- Transitioned infrastructure from Heroku to AWS, resulting in a cost savings of more than 30%.
- Assisted regularly in onboarding customers on the goldenreviews.com platform.
- Primary point of contact for customer support on a 24/7 basis.
Lead Software Developer
The TriZetto Group, Inc.
September 2012 — April 2013
- Led a team of software developers, product owners, and quality assurance engineers working on various applications.
- Presented team-wide updates to the entire division regarding team progress, enhancements, and bug fixes.
September 2010 — September 2012
- Led a rotating team of web engineers providing application support and development of new internal features.
- Assisted in the creation of a "customer support triage" team, reducing trouble ticket volume by more than 90% and off-hours emergencies by more than 75%.
- Responsible for internal application support for the Groupon Customer Service team, including regular interaction with Groupon CSRs.
- Implemented and directly responsible for 24x7x365 support for groupon.com and related services, including after-hours interaction with executives, sales, marketing, editorial, and customer support staff members.
- Regular communication end-users regarding their experience on groupon.com, including assisting in helping make and complete purchases using the platform.
Manager, Interactive Operations
Tribune Technology, Tribune Company
April 2009 — September 2010
- Led a team of 10 web developers providing Tribune-operated online media front-end support.
- Primary point of contact for over 10 national newspapers and over 100 broadcasting affiliates, including regular communication with executives at each online media outlet to resolve technical issues.
- Responsible for 24x7x365 support for all Tribune-operated online media, including after-hours interaction with executives, sales, marketing, editorial, and customer support staff members.
- Hired and trained new employees on the custom platform which runs Tribune-operated online media.
Technical Producer / Team Lead, Interactive Operations
Tribune Technology, Tribune Company
August 2007 — April 2009
- Front-end web developer for all Tribune-operated online media.
- Primary point of contact for Tribune-operated newspapers in the state of New York, including regular communication with online editors and local producers for Newsday and amNY.
- Lead developer for the Tribune Company's first mobile-friendly website, featuring chicagotribune.com on iOS.
Business Technology Analyst
Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte & Touche
July 2006 — August 2007
- Managed a team of developers implementing a Java/JSP application for the State of Wisconsin benefits system.
- Implemented the complete redesign of client notifications using Document Science xPression Suite, including presenting sample redesigned notifications to a steering committee of officials and the Lieutenant Governor for the State of Wisconsin.
- Led communications for local office projects and events including campus recruiting and interviewing.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Science with Distinction and Honors in Computer Science, minor in Mathematics.
- Team Lead for the Residential University I.T. Services, involving daily interaction with students.
Activities & Accomplishments
- Amateur Radio Operator and Volunteer Examiner, Extra Class. — Licensed May 2006.
- Head of Technology, Grace United Methodist Church. October 2015 — present.
- Co-Leader, Portico Collective, Grace United Methodist Church. August 2018 — present.
- Lisle, IL Baseball-Softball Coach. May 2018 — present.